Wenatchee Valley Clubs & Series
A variety of local opportunities involving a modest fee allow you to share an outdoor passion through a club or by participating in an event that’s part of a series. Here are a few:
Other Local Outdoor Resources
- Leavenworth Mountain Association is a group working on better connecting the mountaineers and climbers in the area, and hoping to put in a rock climbing wall into Central Washington to encourage youth to become involved in rock climbing.
- Leavenworth Winter Sports Club maintains and operates the Nordic ski trails and the ski hill in Leavenworth. It also organizes a number of ski events.
- Lake Chelan Nordic Ski Club is a non-profit club that is active in grooming, trail maintenance, and promotion of all types of cross country skiing as well as snow shoeing activities at the Echo Ridge Nordic Trail area.
- Ellensburg XC Ski Club is a club primarily interested in various forms and degrees of "back-country skiing" that operates through an online message board to coordinate trips. Contact the club by emailing
- Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance is the largest mountain-bike trail
building and trail advocacy group in Washington State. Over the past
year the group established a Central Washington Chapter that is involved in statewide and local mountain bike events, rides, workshops, and trail maintenance. Information about the local chapter from Mat Lyons (Lyonsm483@gmail.com).
- Snowshoe Series. Snowshoeing outings every Saturday afternoon and every Thursday morning from late December until the end of February. Outings start at or near Mission Ridge, are led by the ski patrol, and in 2008-09 will cost $10 each. Saturday outings are shorter and mellower, Thursday outings longer and more vigorous. Details from Mission Ridge Ski Area (see Events portion of website), 509- 663-6543.
- TRAIL Washington Summer Series. Once a month from May to August these mountain bike rides leave from Leavenworth. Go out and ride after work, then come back and eat after riding. $20 fee for entire series.
- Tri-Wenatchee. A membership-based club helping local multi-sport athletes train and, if so inclined, prepare and attend competitions. Weekly outdoor training sessions from April to September. Non-members can join these activities but frequent participants are asked to join. Info from their website or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WenatcheeArea Divers. This group/club of local scuba divers dive from sites in Wenatchee and Chelan, as well as over on the coast. For those who would like to learn to dive, there is a Wenatchee-based scuba shop (Orca Scuba Center) that holds monthly scuba certification classes and advanced education classes, as well as rents and sells gear that are needed to scuba dive. Learn more about the club at the group’s Facebook page @wenatcheeareadivers.
- Wenatchee Row and Paddle Club maintains a dock, fleet of boats, and boat house in Wenatchee. It also organizes a roster of events.
- Wenatchee Valley Velo Club attracts fairly serious road riders, sponsors training rides, and organizes a few competitive events.